Tomorrow is our big MacMillan coffee morning event, and what with all the preparations a foot, we thought we’d share our Recipe #4 with you a day early; and of course remind you that you are most warmly welcome to join us between 10am and 3pm for a slice or two of cake, a good cup of coffee and friendly conversation.
Last year we had a fantastic response and raised over £300 for MacMillan Cancer Research and of course this year we’d like to do better. We look forward to seeing you!
Recipe: Easy Danish Pastries
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan), 350F or gas mark 4.
2. Roll the pastry out and then cut into 10cm/4in squares.
3. Place a spoonful of filling in the middle of each square. Then fold the pastry into the desired shape. For example, fold the corners in to the middle to create a parcel shape, or fold two opposing corners into the centre of the pastry over the filling and press firmly to seal. Or any other shape you fancy!
4. Add a few fruits or nuts, to your liking.
5. Bake for around 20 minutes or until they are golden brown.
6. Allow to cool a little before decorating with soft icing.
7. Serve them warm, or allow to cool.
1 pack of ready-made puff pastry
A selection of your favourite fillings
(ie. jam, marmalade, curd)
A selection of your favourite dried fruits or nuts
(ie. sultanas, sliced hazlenuts, flaked almonds)
Icing to decorate
If you find time to make these delicious Danish Pastries, enjoy!
We hope to see you tomorrow at our coffee morning, 10am-3pm at Victoire Press HQ, Bar Hill, CB23 8SQ.